Welcome to McPherson Design Group, p.c.
Business Classification: Small Business
McPherson Design Group, p.c. is a small business (SWaM #7368) located in Norfolk, Virginia. We have been in business since 1983, and we have successfully completed projects with various Developers, Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Geotechnical and Civil Engineering Firms, General Contractors, Municipalities, and State/Federal Government.
Our work over the past thirty-two (32) years has mainly consisted of Indefinite Delivery Contracts, including long-term working relationships with several military installations throughout the United States and abroad. We are currently registered in forty (40) states.
McPherson Design Group has also completed numerous other types of projects, including, but not limited to, Historic Preservation, Renovation, and Adaptive Re-Use; Commercial/Office; Financial Institutions; Hangars/Airport; Higher Education Facilities; Hotel and Hospitality; Single-Family Housing and Multi-Family Housing; Industrial and Manufacturing; Institutional; K-12; Libraries; Medical and Dental Faciliteis; Public Safety; Recreational; Religious Facilities; Retail; Restaurants and Dining Facilities; Parking; Waterfront Structures; etc.
No Client and/or Project is too big or too small, and we take pride in consistently performing and delivering design submittals on time and within budget.
Sample Services on our Projects include the following:
- Feasibility or Related Studies;
- Facility Condition Inspections and Structural Investigations (including above/below water inspections);
- Value Engineering Studies
- Structural Hardening for ATFP;
- ADA Design Features & Inspections;
- Full Service Design, including Contract Documents, Specifications, Cost Estimates, Calculations, Shop Drawings, As-Built Drawings, and Permitting Services;
- Special Inspections and Construction Administration;
- LEED Certification Design Features in accordance with USGBC Requirements for LEED Silver, Gold, and Platinum Rating;
- Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) preparation;
- Operation and Maintenance Support Information (OMSI); and
- Engineering Consultation Services during Construction